Internal Updates/Upgrades to Slam Stick Recorders
Update the internal electronics of the device to take advantage of new components and improve performance and usability.
Much of the base electronics in the product line were developed and selected in 2012-2014. Since that time there have been some minor updates and improvements with the electronics, but the primary development focus has been on firmware and software.
Over the last 5+ years upgraded processors have become available that can enable some improvements regarding storage size, reliability and transfer speed. There have also been new sensors which have become available and could be better utilized with an updated processor.
- Increase the storage capacity limit to 32GB or greater (currently limited to 8GB)
- Improve file transfer speed from current of 500 kB/s
- Update or add newer embedded sensors to improve data quality, specifically include ADXL354/7 product suite.
- Update existing Slam Stick line with new electronics hardware
- Apply updated electronics design to future product developments
Cost to the Customer
This will likely not require any change in price point of the device, it's just part of our commitment to be continually improving and taking full advantage of technology's relentless advancement.
Example Use Cases
Virtually all current customers will benefit from the unilateral upgrade.